Friday, July 20, 2012

Surprising Michael, Kayleen, Olivia and my grandparents

Michael and I had been trying to get pregnant since last year. After a couple of months of no baby, neither one of us thought it was ever going to happen. I had been sick for over two weeks and thought it was a virus that had set in my ears again. (The same time the year before, I had gone to the hospital for the same symptoms and that's what they told me it was.) I put off going to the doctors for long enough and decided to take a pregnancy test before I made an appointment. I took a pregnancy test April 2nd at lunchtime and low and behold...two pink lines! I went back to work and told NO ONE for over 6 hours! That was torture but I wanted Michael to be first to know! After work, I ran to the Dollar Tree and got "It's A Boy" and "It's A Girl" balloons and tied my test to it! Michael took absolutely FOREVER to get home from work that day and it took absolutely everything I had to keep Charlie off the balloon strings! I swear, sometimes I think he's a cat! When Michael finally got home, I set up the camera and pressed record! You get to see Charlie in all of his spastic glory greeting Michael at the door...lol And yes, he is always like that!


After surprising Michael, he got in the shower and I ran downstairs to surprise my sister Kayleen and my niece, Olivia. I tied the same balloons and test to her porch and waited for her to answer the door. Kayleen and I didnt say much, just cried a lot...lol


Then Olivia came to the door and I got to tape her reaction! She is so sweet and so excited!


Then I waited ALL WEEK to surprise my Grandparents on Easter Sunday! We had them sit down for a picture and had them say "Kristeen's pregnant"... Poor Pappy didn't understand that we were recording it :) I love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment