Friday, September 7, 2012

One Pot Pasta

So on Pinterest about a month back, I discovered a recipe that I just HAD to try...and I'm glad I did! So simple and quick! It was delicious! Michael and I loved it so much, I made it again!

The original recipe called for several ingredients that just aren't practical for our family. We don't have any other use for lemon juice or zest so that would have been a waste...and truthfully...I didn't feel like it was necessary...lol Also, I opted to use garlic or onion powder instead of smashing and chopping up garlic cloves. Hey, I'm pregnant and lazy, at least I'm making dinner :) So click here for the original recipe...if you're interested.

ONE POT PASTA


Here's what you'll need:


1 box of penne pasta
1 bag of frozen cut broccoli
1 box of Perdue Short Cuts Original Roasted Chicken
Garlic or Onion Powder
Butter
A Block of Parmesan Cheese (about 5 oz.)

(Side note: If you've never used Perdue Short Cuts Chicken before, now is the time to try it! It's already fully cooked and ready to be added to just about any meal. I use it for several recipes including chicken alfredo and stirfry! It's a quick substitute when you don't feel like taking the time to cook chicken for a meal...it's a nice 'Short Cut'... You can find them at Foodlion or Walmart in the refrigerated meat section.)
Here's what to do:
Boil the pasta for about 6 minutes in a large pot.
Add the bag of frozen broccoli and boil for another 6 minutes.
Shred the cheese.
Drain. Return to pan.
Stir in chicken, a couple heaping spoonfuls of butter, some salt and onion powder and shredded cheese.
Serve hot with breadsticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment